Experience the rarely seen parts of of Waiheke, by sea and land!
Start the morning exploring our spectacular coastline with a guided snorkelling tour, followed by a relaxed afternoon off the beaten track, visiting vineyards located down the rugged Eastern End of Waiheke.
Venture over to Waiheke Island and make your way to our store in Oneroa, where you will take part in our PADI Discover Snorkelling Experience – A great way to explore the Waiheke coastline using a mask and snorkel!
All your gear is included, so that's your mask, snorkel & wetsuit. Just imagine - you put your face in the water and see all the marine life.
After your snorkelling you will be picked up by our friends at Ananda Tours to discover some of Waiheke's off the beaten track; vineyards located amongst the rugged and beautiful landscape found at the Eastern End of Waiheke.
The tour includes your guided snorkelling tour, tastings at three boutique vineyards, a micro-brewery and an excellent platter lunch. Please note, you must be 18 or over to book this tour.
Why Explore with Us?
Small Groups - We really believe that the Discover Snorkelling Experience is best enjoyed in small groups, with maximum input from your guide. That's why, with us, you'll never have more than 8 snorkellers in the water with any 1 Instructor. If you're a bigger group, no problem, just get in touch to let us know your requirements. (Ananda also have a maximum group size of 10 for this experience).
Top Quality Gear - We work with the amazing guys at Mares to supply you with high quality snorkelling equipment for you to use, and that's all included in the price. We'll supply your wetsuit, mask, snorkel and fins - all you have to bring are your togs, a towel and a sense of adventure!
No Hidden Costs - Every piece of equipment you need to use is included in the price, so no surprises!
Ananda Tours - Our friends at Ananda are as passionate about providing amazing experiences as we are and have close relationships with local providers meaning you get the best of service for the whole day.
- 10:00am - Arrive at Waiheke Dive & Snorkel - 110 Ocean View Road - for your guided snorkelling tour
- 12:15 - return to Waiheke Dive & Snorkel where, if time allows, you can explore Oneroa Village
- 12:45 - Pick up from Waiheke Dive and Snorkel for your afternoon of wine and relaxation. The tour will commence with a drive along the scenic northern route, taking in spectacular views of the Hauraki Gulf and beyond to the Coromandel Peninsula. On the way, stunning scenery is around every corner, and you will be entertained by your guide’s commentary on the history, geography, culture, people and produce of Waiheke.
- 13:00 - Visit Tantalus Estate for a craft beer tasting located in the heart of Waiheke Island’s Onetangi Valley. Alibi Brewery produces an impressive variety of seasonal beers, making full use of the flavours, flora and fauna sourced on Estate grounds
- 14:15 - Continue on to Passage Rock Vineyard for a wine tasting accompanied by a grazing platter style lunch. This is a relaxed venue set amongst the vineyard at Te Matuku Bay at the eastern end of Waiheke Island. Their award-winning wines include Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Rosé, Merlot Cabernet and a particularly delicious Syrah, which is considered the most awarded wine on Waiheke.
- 15:30 - Wine tasting at Poderi Crisci Vineyard which is located in Awaawaroa Bay. This Italian-influenced destination vineyard/restaurant lies in a natural amphitheatre valley surrounded by Italian olive trees and gardens. Influenced by old world styled wine and grape varieties. Their Italian grape varieties include Pinot Grigio, Arneis, Montepulciano as well as the French varieties: Chardonnay, Syrah and Merlot.
16:30 - Wine tasting at the newly opened celler door of Awaroa Vineyard.
Awaroa is a small organic vineyard and winery run by six partners, all with a shared common interest in making the best possible wine with all viticulture and harvesting done by hand
- 17:30 - Return to Oneroa
About the Tour
- Simply book online or give us a call, and soon after you'll get a confirmation email from the team along with an information pack shortly after.
- Please let us know if you have any specific requirements and we'll always do our best to accommodate (for example, if you're super nervous just let us know so we can give you some extra advice).
- When you arrive in store, you'll have a chat with your PADI Instructor or Divemaster about your abilities while you complete the relevant paperwork. We'll then allocate your equipment before we travel to the chosen location for our adventure!
- Once at the snorkelling site your guide will brief you about what you're likely to see and go through a thorough safety briefing, and they'll demonstrate how the equipment works. Together you'll then enter the water and see what can be found!
- If you have friends that are booked on too then awesome! If not, you'll be buddied up with another participant for your time in the water!
- Be warned though - this is a super addictive activity! Just ask your diver pals how many started their love of the water through snorkelling...
- There are some medical conditions that may prevent you from snorkelling, unless you have clearance from your Doctor. Please check the PADI Snorkeling Liability form, found here, for further details but feel free to get in touch if you have any questions
- Please note that this activity is not suitable for anyone under the age of 10 (For anyone under 18 we need signed, in person, parental or guardian consent.)
- You also do need to be able to swim to take part in this experience. Activities are conducted in English, so understanding of spoken English is also required.
- Please let us know when booking if you have any dietary requirements so we can ensure you are catered for!