Ever heard the tagline 'power without compromise'? The Scubapro Twin Jet Max fins are here to offer just that.
One of the negatives of a split fin, if that you'll often hear divers say that they "have no power" or that they're "no good in a current". Now, honestly, most times this is due to the finning technique that the divers are using (splits need small, fast flutter kicks compared to the long, slow ones from a paddle fin) but there is truth to at least some of their concerns as they do produce less outright power than a paddle blade fin.
The Twin Jet Max was designed to help tackle this issue. It's blade features a twin design, so as well as a super soft and flexible material you also have rigid inserts which are designed to transfer more energy into the water. Sure, they're a little harder to kick than a traditional split fin but they produce a lot more propulsion!
- Dual-compound design results in a stiffer blade that increases propulsion and optimizes maneuverability.
- Patented split fin propeller technology produces more propulsion with considerably less effort than traditional blades.
- Drag-reducing vents where foot pocket and blade meet radically decrease drag on both up and down strokes.
- Semi-rigid side rails improve stability through the kicking cycle.
- The foot pocket's extended soleplate allows you to maximize the amount of energy you expend on each kick without wasting energy.
- Steel spring straps never need adjusting, making it even easier to don and doff the fin.