Some divers love a blade fin, because of the power it can produce when kicking hard. Some divers love a split fin because of the easy, relaxed kicking style that feels like you're not even wearing fins. Wouldn't it be great if some clever brand made a fin with the best of both worlds...
The Scubapro Seawing Nova II fins are a superb, multi award winning fin that does evactly that! Providing the performance of a blade fin, with the reduction in workload that comes with a split fin was no easy task, but Scubapro have managed and created this unique option!
The Seawing Nova II features Scubapro's unique articulated hinge design. This system allows as much of the blade to stay flat - it doesn't bend like a traditional blade fin. This increases the surface area that is providing propulsion, which means more power!
However, this hinge design ensures that, as the blade 'snaps' back to it' natural position you need minimal leg power when compared with a traditional blade fin. And don't worry, with Scubapro's Monprene material being used to make the whole fin you won't have any 'snapping' of the bad kind!
- The foot pocket's ergonomic toe box is ultra comfortable while the Power Plate footplate (1, left photo) extends all the way to the back of the heel, maximising power transmission while minimising leg and ankle strain.
- Co-molded Thermo Plastic Vulcanizate (TPV) heel pad and mid-sole pad with rough surfaces provide an excellent non-slip grip on wet surfaces. The TPV is highly tear resistant and durable.
- Revised blade geometry: lateral rigidity has been slightly increased to improve alternate kicks and to improve responsiveness and thrust at full power.
- Built with a space-age Monprene elastomer that is virtually indestructible.
- Proprietary G4 articulated joint allows the entire blade to pivot and generate thrust.
- Wing-shaped blade creates a near-perfect balance of stiffness and flex.
- Variable Blade Geometry wing tips arc upwards, providing more power and increasing stability.
- Pivot Control technology ensures that the most efficient 45-degree angle of attack is maintained no matter how easy or hard you kick.
- Marine-grade bungee strap is self-adjusting, comfortable, extremely durable, and makes easy work of donning and doffing the fin.
- Re-engineered footplate with co-molded Grip Pads provides a dependable non-skid grip on wet surfaces.