How do you improve on one of the most highly-regarded 2nd stages ever made? This was the question that the team at Scubapro had, and the Scubapro 620 Ti 2nd stage was their answer! Pairing it with their MK25 EVO balanced piston 1st stage makes for one phenomenal regulator set.
The MK25 EVO is the latest version of Scubapro's industry leading balanced piston 1st stage. The MK25 has held the record as having the highest air flow of any 1st stage for some time now, and the new EVO version adds excellent cold water performance to the package! Featuring Scubapro's Extended Thermal Insulating System, the MK25 EVO ensures fast response and maximum airflow regardless of water temperature by fully isolating the mechanical parts of the regulator from the cold. This gives an extra 30% increase to freezing resistance over the previous MK25! As well as pure performance, there are a number of practicalities such as the swivel turret for comfortable hose routing, and a built in 5th LP port for optimum routing with a twinset.
The S620 Ti takes what is one of the most desirable 2nd stages, the S600, and makes it better. Smaller and lighter than the S600, but with the same size diaphragm to ensure top level breathing performance. A full titanium inlet tube helps to reduce the work of breathing by a massive 37% over the S600 (and that reg is already one of the best)!
MK25 EVO First Stage:
- Air balanced flow-through piston in a chrome-plated brass body provides constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully isolates the mechanical elements from the cold, increasing freezing resistance 30 percent over the previous MK25 without compromising breathing performance. Key insulation system components are visible in blue.
- New spring insulating coating, body insulating bushing, anti-freeze cap, bigger body and cap thread all work in concert with the XTIS to improve cold-water performance.
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the most extreme water temperatures.
- Two opposing high pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Five high-flow low pressure ports on a swivel turret maximize hose routing options.
- External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune performance quickly and easily.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN configurations.
- Weight: INT 232 (oz/g): 27.9/790; DIN 300 (oz/g): 20.1/570.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/SCFM): >8500/301.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
S620 Ti Second Stage
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort at varying depths and supply pressures.
- Rugged reinforced technopolymer case and front cover with stainless steel frame looks good plus is able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
- Titanium barrel is rugged, anti-corrosion and lightweight for long-term reliability.
- Large diaphragm fits inside a more compact casing for maximum breathing sensitivity.
- User controls include an easy-grip diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) lever.
- New exhaust tee increases performance while directing bubbles out of the field of view.
- Newly designed Compact Hi-Flow mouthpiece, exclusive to the S620 Ti, is mounted on an enlarged mouthpiece pipe to improve airflow as well as mouth comfort.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Specific matching colors (blue, pink, yellow, purple, white and orange) on mouthpiece and hose protector are available as an accessory.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 6.3oz/179g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 1850 l/min - 66 SCFM.