Combining the iconic design of the original D-Series regulators with the latest advances in breathing performance technology, SCUBAPRO engineers have created a 21st century regulator in terms of quality, reliability, performance and style. The new D420 features a brand new balanced valve inside a housing supported by a full metal structure. Called the Progressive Flow Control Valve, it is able to deliver abundant airflow for the best breathing performance, with a natural smoothness comparable to what you might experience breathing on the surface.
The uniquely shaped fiber-glass reinforced nylon casing is ultra-durable and allows the LP hose to be connected on either the right or left side for maximum rigging flexibility. A new dive/pre-dive system includes a switch on the top of the casing with a thumb tab for adjusting the direction of airflow right out of the valve. The highly efficient purge button is a technical jewel based on a new concept that gives the D420 its unique face. Teamed with the venerable MK25 EVO balanced piston first stage, this is a regulator system purpose-designed for today’s avid divers and SCUBAPRO brand enthusiasts everywhere.
The MK25 EVO is the latest version of Scubapro's industry leading balanced piston 1st stage. The MK25 has held the record as having the highest air flow of any 1st stage for some time now, and the new EVO version adds excellent cold water performance to the package! Featuring Scubapro's Extended Thermal Insulating System, the MK25 EVO ensures fast response and maximum airflow regardless of water temperature by fully isolating the mechanical parts of the regulator from the cold. This gives an extra 30% increase to freezing resistance over the previous MK25! As well as pure performance, there are a number of practicalities such as the swivel turret for comfortable hose routing, and a built in 5th LP port for optimum routing with a twinset.
MK25 EVO First Stage:
- Air balanced flow-through piston in a chrome-plated brass body provides constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully isolates the mechanical elements from the cold, increasing freezing resistance 30 percent over the previous MK25 without compromising breathing performance. Key insulation system components are visible in blue.
- New spring insulating coating, body insulating bushing, anti-freeze cap, bigger body and cap thread all work in concert with the XTIS to improve cold-water performance.
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the most extreme water temperatures.
- Two opposing high pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Five high-flow low pressure ports on a swivel turret maximise hose routing options.
- External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune performance quickly and easily.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN configurations.
- Weight: INT 232 (oz/g): 27.9/790; DIN 300 (oz/g): 20.1/570.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/SCFM): >8500/301.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
D420 Second Stage
- uniquely shaped fibreglass reinforces casing
- Air-balanced progressive flow control valve
- reversible hose attachment allows for left or right sided routing
- Large purge button
- Dive / pre-dive setup system