Truly top level piston performance at diaphragm pricing? Meet the Scubapro MK21 S560 regulator! This reg, and it's smaller brother, the MK21 C350, deserve more than a quick look if you're after a performance regulator.
The MK21 has been introduced, officially, as a mid range high flow balanced piston 1st stage from Scubapro. Don't let that 'mid range' label fool you however, as this is a 1st stage that really punches above it's weight. Our opinion? This is one of the best bargains in diving at the moment! The MK21 offers the same breathing performance as the top level MK25 but in a smaller and lighter package - not just 'at rest' but no matter how hard you breathe, or deep you dive, this performs the same as the MK25! You can also have an optional '5th port' fitted to the top cap which offers much better hose routing for you technical divers out there.
The S560 is a new air balanced 2nd stage from Scubapro. It has a lightweight techno-polymer body, and comes with user adjustable inhalation and a venturi control. It's very, very similar internally to the previous generation S600 (wink, wink) so is a great choice for top level performance without the 'flash' of metal faceplates and associated price tag!
MK21 First Stage:
- Air-balanced flow-through piston provides constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Polished chrome plated marine grade brass body is close to 20 percent smaller than the MK25, making it an easy travel companion.
- Unique thermal exchange design with external fins optimizes freezing resistance.
- Two high pressure ports, one on each side of the body, allows the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Standard "smart" hose routing cap offers four low pressure ports angled for more convenient hose routing (+/- 20º).
- Optional hose routing cap increases routing configurations with four angled low pressure ports (0°/30°) plus a fifth centralized high-flow low pressure port, ideal for technical diving.
- Redesigned yoke allows for easier mounting on a cylinder, and redesigned cap protects internal components from water intrusion after the dive.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN configurations.
- Weight: INT 232 (oz/g): 27.5/780; DIN 300 (oz/g): 19.7/560.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/SCFM): >7500/265.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
S560 Second Stage:
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- Lightweight techno-polymer casing helps reduce jaw fatigue and improve diving comfort.
- Technopolymer inlet tube contributes to reliability and long life.
- High flow exhaust valve reduces exhalation effort to lower overall work of breathing.
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive switch.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore (larger inside hose diameter) that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 5.6oz/160g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 1850 l/min - 66 SCFM.