The Scubapro MK21 G260 regulator is a favourite choice amongst technical divers who are willing to sacrifice the swivel ports found on the MK25 to get a smaller, lighter 1st stage that still has the same breathing performance.
The MK21 has been introduced, officially, as a mid range high flow balanced piston 1st stage from Scubapro. Don't let that 'mid range' label fool you however, as this is a 1st stage that really punches above it's weight. Our opinion? This is one of the best bargains in diving at the moment! The MK21 offers the same breathing performance as the top level MK25 but in a smaller and lighter package - not just 'at rest' but no matter how hard you breathe, or deep you dive, this performs the same as the MK25! You can also have an optional '5th port' fitted to the top cap which offers much better hose routing for you technical divers out there.
The G260 2nd stage is an air balanced second stage, that has been continuously refined and developed since 1986! It has metal components for toughness and cold water performance too. It even offers the ability to change which side the regulator hose attaches, so great for sidemount or stage regulators!
MK21 First Stage:
- Air-balanced flow-through piston provides constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Polished chrome plated marine grade brass body is close to 20 percent smaller than the MK25, making it an easy travel companion.
- Unique thermal exchange design with external fins optimizes freezing resistance.
- Two high pressure ports, one on each side of the body, allows the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Standard "smart" hose routing cap offers four low pressure ports angled for more convenient hose routing (+/- 20º).
- Optional hose routing cap increases routing configurations with four angled low pressure ports (0°/30°) plus a fifth centralized high-flow low pressure port, ideal for technical diving.
- Redesigned yoke allows for easier mounting on a cylinder, and redesigned cap protects internal components from water intrusion after the dive.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN configurations.
- Weight: INT 232 (oz/g): 27.5/780; DIN 300 (oz/g): 19.7/560.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/SCFM): >7500/265.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
G260 Second Stage:
- Nylon fiberglass design features SCUBAPRO's largest second stage casing and diaphragm for the ultimate in breathing sensitivity, regardless of position in the water.
- Anodized aluminum front cover ring adds resistance without adding weight.
- Metal components, including metal air barrel and metal valve inlet tube, increase resistance to freezing when diving in extreme conditions.
- High-flow exhaust valve reduces exhalation for better overall breathing comfort.
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- A diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob fine-tunes air delivery to suit changing depths, water conditions and personal tastes.
- Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive switch prevents free flows in cold water or when used as an octopus.
- Reversible hose attachment allows you to easily adjust hose routing for tech diving configurations.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore (larger inside hose diameter) that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 9.5oz/268g.
- Airflow at 2900psi: 1800 l/min - 64 SCFM.