The MK2 EVO is the latest version of Scubapro's bulletproof piston 1st stage. Featuring Scubapro's Extended Thermal Insulating System, the MK2 EVO ensures fast response and maximum airflow regardless of water temperature by fully isolating the mechanical parts of the regulator from the cold. The MK2 EVO also has a bigger piston than the previous version, increasing airflow by 15% while reducing the size of the 1st stage!
The R195 comes with a 'VIVA' adjuster, so you can increase the airflow in the regulator once it's submerged if you want even easier, lighter breathing. It has a few nice features over it's R095 brother for not a lot more money.
MK2 EVO First Stage:
- Classic downstream piston design features a chrome-plated brass body with one high pressure and four low pressure ports.
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully isolates the mechanical elements from the cold, increasing freezing resistance by an average of 50 percent over its predecessor without compromising breathing performance.
- Additional internal technical improvements include a new spring insulating bushing and coating, a new insulating piston bushing, a new insulating sleeve and a new antifreeze cap, all of which contribute to the increase in freezing resistance. Key insulation system components are visible in blue.
- Chrome-plated brass body is 3.5mm smaller than its predecessor but houses an oversized piston by 1.6mm that provides better breat ing performance by increasing airflow by 15 percent.
- Stainless steel removable orifice allows for easier maintenance while extending regulator life.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN configurations.
- Meets new EN250-2014 standards for cold-water breathing performance.
- Weight: INT 232 - 23.6oz/670g; /DIN 300 -15.9oz/450g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar (l/m/SCFM): 3000/106.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 138-145/9.5-10.
R195 Second Stage:
- Classic downstream valve comes with a VIVA switch to control free flows.
- Metal valve housing is built rugged and increases overall reliability.
- Super-flow hose features larger inner diameter to increase airflow.
- Reversible hose attachment makes it easy to use on deco tanks.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 6.3oz/178g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 1400 l/min - 50 SCFM.