Mixing a top performing 1st stage with a classic downstream 2nd stage results in an affordable regulator that offers great performance.
The MK17 Evo 1st stage is Scubapro's premium performance balanced diaphragm 1st stage. This 1st stage is designed to work with pretty much anything that can be thrown at it with it's environmentally sealed design preventing any water entering the body. This 1st stage excels in cold water, and laughs at freezing lakes!
The R195 is a classic downstream 2nd stage. The R195 comes with a 'VIVA' adjuster, so you can increase the airflow in the regulator once it's submerged if you want even easier, lighter breathing.
MK17 EVO First Stage:
- Air balanced diaphragm delivers constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Environmentally sealed system prevents water and pollutants from fouling the inner mechanism.
- More compact design features a smaller dry ambient pressure chamber and spring, although the bulletproof inner parts remain the same.
- Dry ambient pressure chamber increases freezing resistance, ensuring consistent airflow in the coldest conditions.
- Substantial increase in airflow -- 6900 l/min versus 6500 l/min -- includes improved balance of air supply pressure.
- Two high pressure and four high-flow ports maximize air delivery and hose routing options.
- High-flow performance is available from all four LP ports which are configured for optimum hose routing.
- Available in a 3364psi/232bar INT configuration.
- Weight: INT 232 - 30.3oz/860g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 6900 l/ min - 242 SCFM.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
R195 Second Stage:
- Classic downstream valve comes with a VIVA switch to control free flows.
- Metal valve housing is built rugged and increases overall reliability.
- Super-flow hose features larger inner diameter to increase airflow.
- Reversible hose attachment makes it easy to use on deco tanks.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 6.3oz/178g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 1400 l/min - 50 SCFM.