It's not often that a piece of dive gear truly raises the bar, but that's exactly what Scubapro have done with the Hydros Pro.
The Ladies version of this BCD has been specifically designed to suit the female diver with a smaller air bladder, shorter inflator hose and curved shoulder straps.
First up - the harness and backplate are made from Monprene. This material you might have heard about from Scubapro's recent fin range - well, turns out that when mounded it makes for a supremely comfortable, tough and almost neutrally buoyant harness that is UV resistant. And its modular construction makes repairs super simple.
The rear inflation design helps keep you in trim underwater, and the clever design from the team at Scubapro helps to avoid any worries about being 'pushed forwards' at the surface.
The Hydros Pro also includes the Scubapro "Trav-Tek' straps, which easily and quikcly replace the weight integrated pockets. This means that you can dive at home with the integrated weight and, when you're jetting off somewhere clear and blue, swap the harness system to make it into a light, travel BCD!
The Hydros Pro also comes with a customised backpack designed to fit your BCD, fins, mask and snorkel for easy travel!
- Ultra Durable: Patented Injection Molded Monprene® Gel Harness is extremely resistant to UV, chemicals and abrasion. The fabric-free harness uses no velcro or zippers.
- Instant Dry: Ideal for travel due to less water retention and lower post-dive weight.
- "BC-4-Life" Modular Design: Customizable to add/remove weight systems, straps and pouches. Extended lifespan due to simplified repairs. Virtually every component, including buckles, can be replaced without stitching.
- 3D Ergonomic Design: Conforms to your body shape for maximum comfort.
- Lightweight: Advanced materials keep weight low.
- Neutrally Buoyant: Near-Zero inherent buoyancy requires less lead, resulting in better buoyancy control and much more enjoyable diving.
- Body Grip Gel: Prevents BC from shifting and riding up.
- Dual-Compound Backplate: Provides the ultimate in stability and comfort. Single tank band system allows for easier assembly.
- Torso Flex Zone: Auto-adjusts to your torso length for excellent comfort and freedom of movement.
- Articulated Shoulder Straps: Allow straps to adjust to your body shape to achieve a snug fit.
- Kit-Up Assist: Holds shoulder straps open for easy donning.
- Cross-Flow Channel: Unrestricted internal airflow reduces air trapping for enhanced maneuverability and easy deflation at any angle.
- 2-Stage Inflation: Tri-bungee system controls air distribution to maintain a compact shape under water and high lift capacity at the surface.
- Dorsal Weight-Wing: Anti-abrasion and instant dry. Optimal "Outboard" trim pockets.
- Buckle Weight System: Simple, safe and reliable quick-release buckles offer a fixed location for easy one-hand operation.
- Multi-Mount Accessory Matrix: Multiple D-Rings and mounting points for a knife + light + SMB + hoses + crotch strap and much more.
- Smart-Pack Design: Folding shoulder and waist straps pack into the wing, creating an unbelievably compact package for easy transport and storage.
*regs, torches and any other accessories shown in the bag photo are for illustration only