If you and your friends are keen on a PADI Advanced Open Water on Waiheke, and your preferred dates are not listed then please get in touch and we'll do our best to accomodate you!
Are you looking to take your next step as a diver?! The PADI Advanced Open Water course is one of the world's most popular dive courses, and it's easy to see why!
We regularly mix the PADI Advanced Open Water course with a trip to The Poor Knights or the Bay of Islands, but we also have options for local diving too! Feel free to contact us with your preference and we'll make it happen!
Our philosophy is 'over and above' at all levels (check out our online reviews on Facebook, Google or Tripadvisor) and we believe you deserve to learn in the best way possible, which is why we think our PADI Advanced Open Water course is awesome!
We believe that you deserve to learn in the best way possible.
That's why we only teach in small groups - the maximum you'll find on a course with us is 4 students to 1 instructor. This means that you get more Instructor time for personalised learning and more time in and under the water to practice your skills and explore the underwater world.
We believe that your learning experience should be as fun and accessible.
That's why you'll find our courses have the FULL PADI e-learning as standard. You get to cover the theory at your own pace before the course starts, wherever you happen to be!
We're available for help and support via email, messenger or phone while you're learning. But, don't worry - we know that Instructor time is essential to your learning which is exactly why we have in-person theory revision sessions during the diving days too, so you can ask us anything you like in person! Best of both worlds!
You'll also find absolutely zero hidden costs.
We are totally open about what your course fees cover, so no surprises for you at the end of the day. Your fees cover the PADI e-learning materials, PADI registration and certification, Instructor time and logistics for the 5 dives of your course and of course a portion goes to the overall costs of a running a dive shop.
Dive equipment use is not included in continuing education courses, so you're welcome to bring your own (or ask us about epic package deals!) or you can hire from us. Course students get a 50% discount on any rental equipment needed for the duration of the course! Otherwise, all you need to bring is completed homework, lunch and your sense of adventure! Any boat / trip fees that may be related are also not included.
Top quality dive gear for you to use during your course.
Speaking of equipment we're proud to work with some of the top brands in diving, such as Scubapro and Mares, who keep us well stocked with their top quality gear that you get to dive with if you choose to hire from us!
So with us you get small groups, top quality Instruction, full e-learning, no hidden costs and top brand name equipment to use.
Simply book your course space online or give us call to book over the phone. Once your booking is completed, you'll receive an order confirmation email and then a follow up email containing an 'info pack' for the course. Please have a read and let us know if you have any questions.
Around 2 weeks before the course start date, you'll receive an email from PADI with a link to your e-learning for the course. This is an awesome, interactive learning platform that is then perfectly complimented by in-person teaching by your Instructor. This must be completed entirely before the 'dive days' are due to start.
Over a weekend you'll complete 5 dives with your PADI Instructor, 3 from the shore and 2 from the boat (boat fee not included), exploring the local waters and engaging in dives with specific themes to develop your skills in particular areas.
On your first course date, you'll meet us at our store where you'll be introduced to your Instructor and course-mates. Together over a tea or coffee, you'll complete some paperwork before being allocated your gear for the course. Once you're all ready, you'll head to the chosen dive locations to begin your training!
At the end of the day you'll return to the store to clean and sort the equipment before the day ends. This is the same process for both days of your course!
There is flexibility in the 5 course dives, depending on your preference. You must complete Deep and Navigation dives, but there are options for the other 3.
Between you and your course mates you can choose from:
- Boat Dive
- Digital Underwater Imaging
- Dive Against Debris (project AWARE)
- Dry Suit
- Fish ID
- Night Dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery
- Shark Conservation (project AWARE)
- Underwater Naturalist
Once you've completed these dives and all your skills to a level that your Instructor is happy with then congratulations, you're a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver! You'll be able to enjoy a new world of diving, to a maximum certified depth of 30m!
If you have a buddy that's booked on too then awesome! If not you'll be buddied up with another course mate for the duration of the course.
We hope you'll choose us to get your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification! If you have any questions or specific requirements just let us know and we'll happily answer them all for you.
- You must have checked through the medical form and obtained medical clearance if required (only required if you need to answer "yes" to one or more of the questions on the form - if you're all 'no' then you do not need to see a Dr) before your dive dates, or else you won't be able to take part. Failure to do so, if needed, will see you forfeiting your course space with no refund. Click here to download the PADI Medical Form.
- You must complete the appropriate liability release forms, and if you're under 18 these need to be signed by a parent / guardian - we'll do these in store on day 1.
- You need to have completed all required sections of any course homework / e-learning before the dive dates. This is a PADI 'standard' meaning we are not allowed to take you in the water otherwise. Failure to do so will see you forfeiting your course space with no refund.
- You do need to be able to swim for the PADI Advanced Open Water Course
- While we can supply materials in a variety of languages, the course is taught in English so a good level of spoken English is required.
- Please note that for the group Advanced Open Water courses our minimum age is 15 and we need in person, signed paperwork from a parent or guardian if under 18. We can arrange, on request, courses for younger divers, but as these are at a reduced ratio please be aware there may be an additional cost and please be aware divers under 15 are limited to 21m.