If you and your friends are keen on a PADI Advanced Open Water on Waiheke, and your preferred dates are not listed then please get in touch and we'll do our best to accomodate you!
Are you looking to take your next step as a diver?! The PADI Advanced Open Water course is one of the world's most popular dive courses, and it's easy to see why!
- Small groups - no more than 4 students to 1 Instructor so you get more Instructor time for the best learning environment and more time exploring during your dives!
- Full PADI e-learning - You complete your theory from home, at a pace that suits you. But don't worry, we know how important asking questions are so your course includes additional theory revision sessions with your Instructor.
- Top quality gear - Brand new Scubapro dive equipment for you to use throughout your course for your comfort and safety if you choose to hire, or you're welcome to use your own!
Over a weekend you'll complete 5 dives with your PADI Instructor, 3 from the shore and 2 from the boat, exploring the local waters and engaging in dives with specific themes to develop your skills in particular areas.
Of these 5 dives, you must complete the Deep and Navigation dives, but there are options for the other 3. Between you and your course mates you can choose from:
- Boat Dive
- Digital Underwater Imaging
- Dive Against Debris (project AWARE)
- Dry Suit
- Fish ID
- Night Dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery
- Shark Conservation (project AWARE)
- Underwater Naturalist
After you've completed the course, you'll be certified to dive to a maximum of 30m with a buddy.
If you have a buddy that's booked on too then awesome! If not you'll be buddied up with another course mate for the duration of the course.
We hope you'll choose us to get your PADI Advanced! If you have any questions or specific requirements just let us know and we'll happily answer them all for you.
Why explore with us?
We believe that your learning experience should be as fun and accessible as possible. That's why you'll find our courses have the FULL PADI e-learning as standard, meaning you get to cover the theory at your own pace before the course starts. But, don't worry - we know that Instructor time is essential to your learning which is exactly why we build in a theory revision session too, so you can ask us anything you like in person! Best of both worlds!
We're proud to work with Scubapro, one of the worlds top gear brands, who keep us fully stocked with their gear, so if you need to hire for the course you can be sure of quality!
So with us you get small groups, quality Instruction, full e-learning, and top brand name equipment.
Simply book online, and soon after you'll get a confirmation email from the team along with some specific info, such as meeting times and locations.
You'll need to let us know some of your sizes so that we can allocate gear if you need any (at an additional hire fee) and complete the appropriate medical and liability release forms. Click here to download the PADI Medical Form.
Also, while we can supply materials in a variety of languages, the course is taught in English so a good level of spoken English is also required.
Please note that for the Advanced Open Water courses our minimum age is 15 due to depth (divers under 15 are limited to 21m) and we need in person, signed paperwork from a parent or guardian for anyone under 18.
Please note - boat fees are not included in this cost.