PADI Specialty courses are run on demand, so please get in touch if you're interested in taking this specialty!
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
- Small groups - no more than 4 students to 1 Instructor so you get more Instructor time for the best learning environment and more time exploring during your dives!
- Full PADI e-learning - You complete your theory from home, at a pace that suits you. But don't worry, we know how important asking questions are so your course includes additional theory revision sessions with your Instructor.
- Top quality gear - Brand new Scubapro dive equipment for you to use throughout your course for your comfort and safety if you choose to hire, or you're welcome to use your own!
The PADI Search and Recovery Diver Course equips you with the skills to effectively locate and retrieve items from underwater.
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
After our dives, we'll spend some time exploring and discussing the dives themselves, with a thorough debrief and discussion.
If you have a buddy that's booked on too then awesome! If not you'll be buddied up with another course mate for the duration of the course.
We hope you'll choose us to get your PADI Search & Recovery Diver Certification! If you have any questions or specific requirements just let us know and we'll happily answer them all for you.
Why explore with us?
We believe that your learning experience should be as fun and accessible as possible. That's why you'll find our courses have the FULL PADI e-learning as standard where available, meaning you get to cover the theory at your own pace before the course starts. But, don't worry - we know that Instructor time is essential to your learning which is exactly why we build in a theory revision session too, so you can ask us anything you like in person! Best of both worlds!
We're proud to work with Scubapro, one of the worlds top gear brands, who keep us fully stocked with their gear, so if you need to hire for the course you can be sure of quality!
So with us you get small groups, quality Instruction, full e-learning, no hidden costs and top brand name equipment.
Simply book online, and soon after you'll get a confirmation email from the team along with some specific info, such as meeting times and locations.
You'll need to let us know some of your sizes so that we can allocate gear if you need any (at an additional hire fee) and complete the appropriate medical and liability release forms and provide proof of certification as a diver. Click here to download the PADI Medical form.
Also, while we can supply materials in a variety of languages, the course is taught in English so a good level of spoken English is also required.
Please note that for this course our minimum age is 14 and we need in person, signed paperwork from a parent or guardian for anyone under 18.