PADI Specialty courses are run on demand, so please get in touch if you're interested in taking this specialty!
The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Deep Diver course.
- Small groups - no more than 4 students to 1 Instructor so you get more Instructor time for the best learning environment and more time exploring during your dives!
- Full PADI e-learning - You complete your theory from home, at a pace that suits you. But don't worry, we know how important asking questions are so your course includes additional theory revision sessions with your Instructor.
- Top quality gear - Brand new Scubapro dive equipment for you to use throughout your course for your comfort and safety if you choose to hire, or you're welcome to use your own!
The PADI Deep Diver course is one of the most popular courses for divers who have gained experience and are looking to further their skills. The course consists of 4 dives from a boat with your PADI Instructor (charter fees not included).
Your training starts by reviewing reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you’ll go over:
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations.
After our dives, we'll spend some time exploring and discussing the dives themselves, with a thorough debrief and discussion.
If you have a buddy that's booked on too then awesome! If not you'll be buddied up with another course mate for the duration of the course.
We hope you'll choose us to get your PADI Deep Diver Certification! If you have any questions or specific requirements just let us know and we'll happily answer them all for you.
Why explore with us?
We believe that your learning experience should be as fun and accessible as possible. That's why you'll find our courses have the FULL PADI e-learning as standard where available, meaning you get to cover the theory at your own pace before the course starts. But, don't worry - we know that Instructor time is essential to your learning which is exactly why we build in a theory revision session too, so you can ask us anything you like in person! Best of both worlds!
We're proud to work with Scubapro, one of the worlds top gear brands, who keep us fully stocked with their gear, so if you need to hire for the course you can be sure of quality!
So with us you get small groups, quality Instruction, full e-learning, no hidden costs and top brand name equipment.
Simply book online, and soon after you'll get a confirmation email from the team along with some specific info, such as meeting times and locations.
You'll need to let us know some of your sizes so that we can allocate gear if you need any (at an additional hire fee) and complete the appropriate medical and liability release forms and provide proof of certification as a diver. Click here to download the PADI Medical form.
Also, while we can supply materials in a variety of languages, the course is taught in English so a good level of spoken English is also required.
Please note that for this course our minimum age is 15 and we need in person, signed paperwork from a parent or guardian for anyone under 18.