For technical divers there are usually three colour choices. Black, black and....black.
This special version of the techy favourite that is the Scubapro MK25 EVO G260 comes with a black DLC finish to both the 1st stage and 2nd stage.
The MK25 EVO is the latest version of Scubapro's industry leading balanced piston 1st stage. The MK25 has held the record as having the highest air flow of any 1st stage for some time now, and the new EVO version adds excellent cold water performance to the package! Featuring Scubapro's Extended Thermal Insulating System, the MK25 EVO ensures fast response and maximum airflow regardless of water temperature by fully isolating the mechanical parts of the regulator from the cold. This gives an extra 30% increase to freezing resistance over the previous MK25! As well as pure performance, there are a number of practicalities such as the swivel turret for comfortable hose routing, and a built in 5th LP port for optimum routing with a twinset.
The G260 2nd stage is an air balanced second stage, that has been continuously refined and developed since 1986! It has metal components for toughness and cold water performance too. It even offers the ability to change which side the regulator hose attaches, so great for sidemount or stage regulators. Why is this such a popular 2nd stage for divers in extreme conditions? The answer is in the large design diaphragm which allows for even lighter breathing than the S600! The downside is that it does make for a slightly larger 2nd stage.
MK25 EVO BLACK TECH First Stage:
- Air balanced flow-through piston in a chrome-plated brass body provides constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Patented XTIS (Extended thermal Insulating system) fully insulates the inner mechanism from the environment, improving cold-water resistance by 30% and delaying ice formation in extreme cold-water conditions without com- promising breathing performance.
- New spring insulating coating, body insulating bushing (non-metal cylindrical interface separating metal parts from water), anti-freeze cap, bigger body and cap thread all work in concert with the XTIS to improve cold-water performance (key insulation system components are visible in blue).
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the most extreme water temperatures.
- Two opposing high pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Five high-flow low pressure ports on a swivel turret maximize hose routing options.
- External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune performance quickly and easily.
- Available in a 3364psi/232bar INT configuration.
- Weight: INT 232 (oz/g): 27.9/790.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/ SCFM): >8500/301.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
G260 BLACK TECH Second Stage:
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort at varying depths and supply pressures.
- Nylon fiberglass design features SCUBAPRO's biggest second stage casing and diaphragm for the ultimate in breathing sensitivity, regardless of position in the water.
- Dark anodized aluminum front cover ring adds scratch resistance without adding weight.
- Metal components, including metal air barrel and metal valve inlet tube, increase resistance to freezing when diving in extreme conditions.
- High-flow exhaust valve reduces exhalation for better overall breathing comfort.
- A diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob fine-tunes air delivery to suit changing depths, water conditions and personal tastes.
- Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive switch pre- vents free flows in cold water or when used as an octopus.
- Reversible hose attachment allows you to easily adjust hose routing for tech diving configurations.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 9.5oz/268g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 1800 l/min - 64 SCFM.
- Maximum low pressure: 203psi/14bar.