The best breathing regulator in Scubapro's lineup. Shiny too! For divers who want the best or need the extra durability of the metal A700 2nd stage.
The MK25 EVO is the latest version of Scubapro's industry leading balanced piston 1st stage. The MK25 has held the record as having the highest air flow of any 1st stage for some time now, and the new EVO version adds excellent cold water performance to the package! Featuring Scubapro's Extended Thermal Insulating System, the MK25 EVO ensures fast response and maximum airflow regardless of water temperature by fully isolating the mechanical parts of the regulator from the cold. This gives an extra 30% increase to freezing resistance over the previous MK25! As well as pure performance, there are a number of practicalities such as the swivel turret for comfortable hose routing, and a built in 5th LP port for optimum routing with a twinset.
The A700 2nd stage is made from an all-metal construction. This hand crafted shiny casing isn't just for looks - this metal construction allows for even better thermal performance in cold waters. The responsive user controls, along with the specially designed exhaust makes for a regulator that's a pleasure to breathe from, no matter where you're diving.
MK25 EVO First Stage:
- Air balanced flow-through piston in a chrome-plated brass body provides constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully isolates the mechanical elements from the cold, increasing freezing resistance 30 percent over the previous MK25 without compromising breathing performance. Key insulation system components are visible in blue.
- New spring insulating coating, body insulating bushing, anti-freeze cap, bigger body and cap thread all work in concert with the XTIS to improve cold-water performance.
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the most extreme water temperatures.
- Two opposing high pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Five high-flow low pressure ports on a swivel turret maximize hose routing options.
- External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune performance quickly and easily.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN configurations.
- Weight: INT 232 (oz/g): 27.9/790; DIN 300 (oz/g): 20.1/570.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/SCFM): >8500/301.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
A700 Second Stage:
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort at varying depths and supply pressures.
- Rugged full metal case, front cover and valve housing (barrel) are able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
- Metal construction enables the use of a larger diaphragm inside a compact casing, increasing breathing sensitivity.
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and coaxial-flow Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) lever.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 9.2oz/261g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 2000 l/ min - 71 SCFM.