The Mares Prime Explorer Package is absolutely the best way to get yourself in the water, on a budget, with big brand gear.
Featuring a Weight Integration Ready BCD, Piston regs with Octopus and a set of twin gauges, this is ideal for the new diver or someone who wants a set on the boat 'just in case'!
Like integrated weights? It's just a $100 upgrade at time of purchase to convert this into a fully weight integrated BCD! Upgrade is available separately, so no worries if you're not sure right now!
Mares Prime BCD
The Mares Prime BCD, is a perfect entry level BCD for almost every diver.
This BCD will allow you to enjoy diving in your own gear, providing comfort and reliable use. You get all the perks of a big name brand, without a price tag that makes you wince.
It gives you choice over how you want to dive, how much you want to make your initial investment but crucially can grow with you as you dive more and more!
Grab it in the non weight integrated version if you're budget conscious, and you can always simply add the weight pockets later to upgrade it to a fully weight integrated BCD! Or, for just $100 over the standard price, add the weight pockets right from the start. Your call as to how you dive.
- Comfort and Style in an Amazing BCD
- Stowage for Octopus Regulator and Pressure Gauge
- 1-Aluminum and 2-Heavy-Duty Techno-Polymer D-Rings for Accessory Attachment
- Air Cell: Durable Cordura 420 Nylon with a Polyurethane Laminated Interior
- Rigid Backpack System with Handle
- Great New Diver BCD
- Jacket Style BCD
- Lift: 30.8 lbs. to 52.9 lbs. (14.2 to 24 kg) of Buoyancy (Size Dependent)
- Torso Adjustable Shoulder Straps
- Adjustable Chest Strap
- Waist Strap with Adjustable Cummerbund
- All Straps Equipped with Squeeze-Style" Side Quick-Release Buckles
- Ease of Donning & Doffing
- Buoyancy Control: Ergo Inflator and 2 Rear Quick-Dump/Over-Pressure Relief Valves
- Ergo: Standard Inflation/Deflation Control Unit on Mares BCD's
- 3/8" Threaded Low Pressure Quick-Disconnect Hose
- Weight: 6.8 lbs. (3.1 kg)
Rover 2S Regulator
For the diver who needs a reliable, light weight and simple entry level regulator, then the Mares Rover 2S is a great choice.
The new R2S first stage is the evolution of their piston regulator. A sandblasted finish to increase scratch resistance. Easy and reduced maintenance for INT and DIN version. Features 1 HP port and 4 LP ports.
ACT Valve - Advanced Coating TechnologyAdvanced Coating Technology
The new valve in the “X” systems increases durability by an astounding 600%, even under the most extreme conditions.
Mesh GridPatented design which reduces the impact of water flow onto the second stage diaphragm, thus eliminating free flows even in strong currents.
VAD - Vortex Assisted DesignThe air bypass tube delivers air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.
DFC - Dynamic Flow ControlMinimizes intermediate pressure drop during inhalation thus maximizing gas delivery, especially under extreme conditions.
Fluid Dynamic DeflectorReceives and properly directs the airflow from the bypass tube to the mouthpiece.
Ultralight TechnopolymerAbrasion resistant and affordable, ideal for diving in warm and moderate water temperatures.