COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Scuba / Snorkelling
Update - 24/03/2020
As per government directive we are now CLOSED for a minimum of 4 weeks.
All orders will be fulfilled as soon as we are advised that we are allowed to operate again.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions at this time, and keep an eye on our Facebook page for regular updates as we go along.
Keep well, keep safe, and we'll see you all on the other side.
So let's talk about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and SCUBA / snorkelling activities.
The number of confirmed cases here in NZ is still very low, but it's important that we all do our part to help minimise any chance of transmission at this time to protect those who are vulnerable in our communities
First up, effective immediately Waiheke Dive & Snorkel is implementing the following policies, until further notice;
- FREE* mask, snorkel and (optional) personal regulator mouthpiece for you to keep for all PADI Open Water Diver course students.
- FREE (optional) personal regulator mouthpiece for you to keep for all PADI Discover SCUBA Diving (try dive) participants.
- FREE (optional) personal regulator / snorkel mouthpiece for you to keep for all other diving and snorkelling activity participants - from guided diving / snorkelling tours right across to any con-ed courses, such as PADI Advanced or PADI Rescue Diver. This also includes if you are renting / hiring any equipment from us.
- Up to 30% off masks and snorkels (including snorkelling sets) for customers who would like to purchase their own for extra peace of mind. This applies to anyone, online or in store - you don't have to be booked on an activity to grab a bargain! Click here to view the range.
- Date Changes - If you are affected by the current COVID-19 situation, and need to reschedule an activity then please let us know. We are more than happy to let you move your booking to a later date, or for us to keep your booking 'open' so that you can re-use it when you are able to.
Personal equipment (masks, snorkels, regulators, mouthpieces and BCD oral inflators) are cleaned and disinfected using appropriate disinfectant both before and after any usage, hence why we have made a FREE personal mouthpiece an optional choice.
Effective disinfection means that re-use is no more of a risk now than any other time and re-use is always better for our environment than single use, but we totally understand some clients would prefer new at this time.
We ensure thorough and effective cleaning and disinfecting measures for all of our equipment, using the appropriate products.
Divers Alert Network (DAN) have issued guidelines and advice, for both dive operators and divers themselves, which can be found here.
Up to date advice, specific to NZ can be found here on the Ministry of Health website.
We'll also be running some special offers and promos, so click here to see them to.
If you're booked on an international trip with us, we are in contact with the various booking agents regularly, and will update you closer to the date of the trip as this is an ingoing and evolving situation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to get in touch anytime. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you for some adventures soon!
*The free items given during this time are models specifically chosen by the Waiheke Dive & Snorkel team. If you would like an alternative mask or snorkel, you are welcome to trade in your un-used freebie and use the retail value of these items as a discount against a model of your choice. This offer may be withdrawn at any time without notice.