COVID-19 Alert Level 2 & Scuba Diving / Snorkelling
Kia Ora Adventurers!
With the NZ Government announcing some more information about what COVID-19 Alert Level 2 looks like for the country (click here), it's time for us to update you as to what level 2 means for us when we get there, and what we'll be doing to keep you safe when you're coming for an adventure!
First up - WE CAN GO DIVING AGAIN! Level 2 means activities can re-start again, so diving, snorkelling, courses & trips are all back on. More details will be coming later this week in another blog post, but here's the key changes we are making to comply with level 2 restrictions and to keep you safe
- Social Distancing - there's still the requirement for individuals to stay at least 1M away from each other. To help make sure this happens, we are;
- Keeping to small groups - no more than 4 individuals to any activity
- Changing our transport options - you'll find fewer others in our vans at any one time when going to and returning from activity sites.
- Buddy checks - Checks will be 'self conducted' under the direction of your guide and with the visual attention of your buddy.
- Staggered start times - if we have more than 1 group at any one time, then we will be staggering the start time of activities.
- FREE Regulator mouthpiece for you to keep for every diver. We follow very strict and thorough sterilisation processes as recommended by the Divers Alert Network, but we're more than happy to supply you with a fresh one for your activities if you would like.
- Masks - must be worn in company vehicles.
In store changes - we've made some changes to the shop itself;
- If you are feeling unwell or have cold / flu like symptoms please DO NOT ENTER our store. We can’t wait to see you, but let’s wait until you’re back to being 100% yeah?!
- Our staff have to record your details for our contact tracing form. We need your name, phone number and ideally email address.
- It’s required and essential that you keep at least 2m away from other people in our shop. To help, we have a spacing helper / system on the floor;
- Travel round the store following the arrows on the floor, in a one way direction.
- Do not go past a marked line until the next one in front of you is free.
- Do not ‘leapfrog’ past other customers - this breaks the 2m distance
- Hand washing - Our staff have a hand washing schedule throughout the day, and we have pre-work checks in place to make sure we are not putting you at risk.
- Shop Cleaning - Our shop is cleaned at the beginning, during and end of the day, including disinfecting work surfaces.
- Please do not handle stock unless you are genuinely interested in the item. Changing your mind if totally ok of course, but touching everything just because is not cool :)
- If you wish to try anything on then please speak to a member of staff first.
Finally, we made quite a few changes when we came into level 3 to make your life that little easier when ordering online etc. Well, we're stoked to say that as they have proved so popular we've made them all permanent! So to recap;
- Our online store is open for orders and delivering to your door, using recommended safe practices at all stages. This means you can order anything you need from us for fast and contactless delivery from our courier providers.
- Our FREE NZ delivery for orders over $100 is still active, but we've dramatically cut delivery charges for orders under $100 to just $7.50 NZ wide.
We are subsidising this reduction ourselves to help spread the load, knowing that we're all experiencing difficult times and that online is one of the only purchase methods you have at the moment. More info.
- Our store will be available for 'click & collect' and FREE local delivery which is available 7 days a week and FREE contactless delivery will be happening regularly throughout the week thanks to our epic team.
- We've expanded our always popular Price Match Policy, so if you find the same item elsewhere cheaper within NZ we'll beat their price by a massive 10%! More Info.
- We've expanded our returns and exchange policy, to give you more time to make that final decision, helping to make sure that the items you're investing in are absolutely right for you. More Info.
Hope that helps you all, but as always just get in touch or give us a call on 09 2174892 if you have any questions at all!
Adam & The Waiheke Dive Team